Riding on the selfie phenomenon, Sony reveal their latest instalment in the Xperia Line, the C3; dubbed as the world’s best selfie smartphone.
The company said;
“Xperia C3 is a unique new smartphone from Sony, created to offer the ultimate social sharing experience with a new powerful ‘Proselfie cam’. It also presents a combination of the best of Sony, with leading digital imaging technology and brilliant specs and performance all for a mid-range price.”
The Xperia C3 comes equipped with;
- A 5 mega-pixel wide-angle front-facing camera.
- A superior Auto-Mode for the camera, that adjusts scenes automatically to suit the lighting conditions
- An Led Flash, which lets you obtain an optimal lighting selfies, even at night, or in dark environments.
The Pro-selfie cam has additional features, and applications, which include;
- Portrait Retouch v2; that gives a makeover of up to two people per image from ten different beauty styles, frame options, and eye pattern changes. It includes four natural looks for men, and six for women.
- AR Effect, which lets you add graphics, and animations to your selfies, and videos.
- Time-shift burst, which lets you capture 31 frames in two seconds, so you can choose the best-looking image to share in your social networks.
The smartphone also sports a 5.5″ HD display, powered by Bravia Engine mobile v2. The processor is a 1.2GHz Snapdragon quad-core CPU, and the RAM is just 1GB. The internal memory is 8Gb in size, but you can upgrade it to up to 32Gb via Micro SD.
The Sony Xperia C3 will be available in black, white, and mint green from August 2014. It will be launching first China first, and then globally.