Nokia have been around for as long as we can remember with many of our mobile firsts being their iconic Nokia 3310 a.k.a. the brick phone. After a long spell of not making many headlines in the smartphone scene, Nokia is making a come back. Back with another budget smartphone that you might remember from the Matrix: The Nokia 8110. Reloaded.
The Nokia 8110 released at this year’s Mobile World Congress, the largest smartphone convention in the world, quickly became one of our favourite phone’s of 2018.
Originally known from blockbuster film The Matrix, Nokia have revamped the iconic 8110 and gave it a few smartphone features such as 4G connectivity, Bluetooth 4.1, a 2 megapixel camera with LED flash and a headphone jack. Our favourite feature has to be that it comes pre-loaded with a new version of Snake.
- 4G: FDD-LTE 1/3/5/7/8/20
- OS: Smart Feature OS from KaiOS
- Chipset: Qualcomm® 205 Mobile Platform (MSM8905 Dual Core 1.1 GHz)
- RAM: 512MB LPDDR3
- Storage: 4GB eMMC internal memory4
- Display: 2.4-inch QVGA display, curved display
- Camera: 2MP rear camera
- Connectivity/Sensors: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, BT 4.1, GPS/AGPS, micro USB 2.0, 3.5mm AV jack
- Battery2: 1500mAh
- FM radio
- Audio playback file formats: AAC, AMR, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis
- Micro SIM slot
Nokia claims that one charge will get you multiple days of usage and the phone will only set you back around €80.
Nicknamed the banana phone during the Matrix due to its curved shape, Nokia have decided to play on with that label and have released one in the unmissable banana yellow colour.
Do you know of anyone who would buy the “banana phone” from Nokia?