MITA, the government entity always at the forefront of innovation, technology and startups, will be hosting an event for the third year in a row directed at young entrepreneurs with a brilliant idea looking to maximise the startup’s potential.
Following 13 finalists pitching their ideas, on the 24th February five contenders will be winning a life-changing prize.
MITA will be rewarding the five winners of #YouStartIt a pre-seed investment of €22,000 to get the ball rolling along with a handful of other benefits to make sure your startup exceeds its full potential. Apart from the reward, all contestants will be getting feedback from consultants throughout the event on their pitch and how they can improve their product or services.
Following last year’s extremely successful event, a number of startups from abroad have become interested and have enrolled in this competition. MITA made it even easier for foreign startups by setting up video conferencing facilities to avoid the local startups having an advantage by being able to attend pre-acceleration events.
These are the startups contesting this year:
- Beentouch, Italy (Communications, Mobile Technology)
- Devoleum, Italy (AgriTech/FoodTech, Blockchain)
- ExcessMaterialsExchange, Netherlands (GreenTech, Blockchain)
- Holoroad, Poland (HealthTech, VR)
- NinjaMoba, Malta (Gaming, Big Data)
- Paddly, Malta (SecureTech, IoT)
- RealtyMap, Malta (Real Estate, IoT/Blockchain)
- Sinbad 360, Libya (Gaming, Mobile Technology)
- Sound of Markets, Macedonia (FinTech, Mobile Technology)
- Tarsos, Malta (HealthTech, IoT)
- TechWave, Malta (eGovernment, Blockchain)
- VERFiD, Malta (SecureTech, Blockchain)
- Zeew, Latvia (Transport, Mobile Technology, Blockchain)
Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things are an extremely proficient theme, hinting at what the future has to hold with regards to startups and technology.