The Maltese summer wouldn’t be bearable without the help of one of the most underrated inventions in the world to keep our food and drinks cool; the cooler.
The picnic cooler’s design has remained unchanged for over 50 years, cause as the proverb correctly states; ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!’ But the wave of new technologies, which have flooded our lifestyles, have brought massive changes to how we live life, and how we spend our time.
This is exactly why Ryan Grepper came up with the idea of a 21st century cooler, which will be making our lives much easier, and our weekends more fun. Dubbed ‘the Coolest’, this amazing cooler comes packed with all the essentials, and then some. Here is a breakdown of all the features;
- Build-in 18V rechargeable battery which powers a Blender, for cocktails or smoothies on the go.
- USB Charger, powered by the same 18V battery, which is able to charge any smartphone or device.
- Build-in waterproof speaker which is compatible with any Bluetooth-ready device, and is also detachable.
- Just like a fridge, the coolest has LED lights on the inside to show you where you beer is at night.
- The cooler comes with a built-in cutting board, which comes inclusive of a ceramic knife.
- The Coolest also comes with extra tick wheels (for smoother movement), and retractable tie down cables, which allow you to carry all your beach gear, hassle-free.
- There are also compartments which store reusable picnic plates, which hideaway without sacrificing storage space.
- Last but not least, is every man’s key utensil; the bottle opener.
The kickstarter project was originally seeking $50,000 in pledging, to be funded. With just 46 days left, the Coolest managed to collect a whopping $4 Million in pledges, making it one of the biggest success stories on kickstarter.